What is Modal?
- What makes our baby clothing, sleep sacks and wraps so dreamily soft? We craft each piece using modal, an innovative fabric made with beech tree fibers.
- If you have never felt modal, you will be surprised at how soft, smooth, lustrous and cool to the touch it is. One touch will make you a believer!
- Modal is also supremely breathable (150% more breathable than cotton!), so it keeps baby cool when needed, while also providing warmth on colder nights.
- We've worked to develop the perfect weight jersey for our modal apparel, giving each piece just the right amount of stretch, coziness and breathability.
- As all moms know, babies sleep best when they are warm (but not too warm!), dry, and wrapped in softness.
- Modal is hypoallergenic, so no icky rashes or irritations.
- Modal is a natural fabric created from recycled beech tree pulp, which requires much less water to produce than both cotton and organic cotton. Making modal uses 20x less water and 4x less land than cotton. Our modal is also produced from beech trees cultivated in sustainable forests.